Thursday, January 29, 2015

A Tip from Rosina: How to Secure Thread On the Ball

Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we throw 20 balls of crochet thread into a storage tub!
How do you store your balls of crochet thread? I have several big plastic bins that I keep mine in, and even though I try to keep them as orderly as possible, I still get the occasional tangled mess!
Rosina Smith came up with an easy way to keep  thread securely on the ball, preventing the loose ends from  becoming tangled. Here is Rosina's method of preparing a ball of thread for storage.


Here is how I secure my threads on the ball: 
1. Slide the crochet hook under a few strands of thread that are wound on the ball. 
2. Yarn over the loose end of the thread and slide that loose end under the already wound strands. Voila! No loose ends flying around in my storage tub!

What a wonderful idea, Rosina! Now why didn't I think of that?  

2 comments:

Sherry said...

That is a great idea! I do something similar with my yarn. However, I leave a long enough piece to put the needle clear through the ball so that it will stay secure. Take Care (love your blog!)

Unknown said...

Its the simplest of things that make life a little easier :)) thankyou for sharing :))