Sunday, April 19, 2009

I got a new camera!!!!!

It was driving me crazy not having my camera. So I decided to go ahead and get a new one; I have been thinking about it for a while now. I got a Canon PowerShot SX10 IS; I love it, even though I don't know how to use it. I have been reading the manual all afternoon; what the heck is shutter speed, and what does aperture mean? I don't know yet, but I am determined to learn.

One thing it has that I do know a little about is the macro setting; hey, this camera even has a super macro setting! This is what you use when you need to get very close up to a subject; like a crochet item you want to show the stitches on, for instance.

So, look what I have done so far:

Love that Super Macro!A butterfly from the potholder set. The colors look a little washed out in these pictures. I will have to see what I am doing wrong. Posies Hotpad, also from the infamous potholder set.

A close up (macro shot!!!) of the leaves on a little Rosebud baby hat I am working on. The whole hat.

I know, these photos are not very impressive. But I am determined to learn how to take decent photos.
And, since I have a camera, you know what that means!! That's right, contest time!!! Tomorrow or Tuesday, for sure!

3 comments:

DandiCreations said...

Ann,

I think that the photos look pretty good. Good luck with the new investment.

Diana

Unknown said...

Those photos look awesome! Your projects are so cute! Have fun with that fab new cam! :)

crochethuahua said...

That takes great pictures!